Full-time position - Responsible for providing forest management services on property located in Georgia. Minimum of 45 hours per week required, vehicle provided, out of town and overnight work may be required (expenses paid).
Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
- All aspects of field work, office work,analysis, and reporting to landowner/client.
- Assists in managing allaspects of logging operations includingharvestsetup, harvestinspections,and merchandising trees into various forest products.
- Assistsinplanning, negotiations, administration,andinspection of other forestryrelated activitiessuchas road constructionand maintenance,timber marking, boundary establishment,and otherland managementprojects as assigned.
- Assistsindevelopment and administering budgets.
- MonitorsBMPand EMS Compliance to ensure 3rd Party SFI Certification.
- Uses GeographicInformationSystem(GIS) to assist in managing TIMO lands.
- Participatesin forestinventory projectsindividually orwith a team.
- Generate new business (meet with potential clients, explain our business, etc.)
Create management plans that capture landowner objectives and offer solutions to achieve those goals.
Perform all aspects of timber sale development, including timber inventory, boundary establishment, preparing timber sale bid notices, marketing, and reviewing timber sale contracts.
Prepare and negotiate contracts with independent contractors for clients’ management services.
Supervise contracted services, including certifying completion of work for payment.