Full-time position -Assist in timber sale preparation on both large TIMO client lands as well as small, private landowners across the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and potentially across the country. Minimum of 45 hours per week required, vehicle provided, out of town and overnight work will be occasionally required (expenses paid).
Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
* Work with Area Management Foresters and Managers to:
* Determine proper silviculture for harvest sites.
* Establish harvest boundaries.
* Establish Riparian Management Zone boundaries.
* Prepare all associated documentation including estimated volume removals.
* Participate in cruising projects for both Michigan and larger AFM cruises nationally and internationally.
* Assist NIPF forester with timber marking when needed
* Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.