American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) is a nationwide forest consulting and real estate brokerage firm.
AFM currently manages over 5.5 million acres of privately owned timberland and has sold over $2.2 billion in real estate in 2,200+ transactions since 2005. With 265 employees operating from 49 offices located in 16 states, AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services. Our small regionally dispersed offices allow us to provide individualized services, and our large overall size allows us to coordinate teams of foresters and technical specialists for large, complex jobs.
Full-time position: Wood Flow Coordinator Position will provide wood flow services overseeing timber harvesting, delivery and production, along with some land management duties including assisting with timber cruise projects, timber sale layout or managing forest silvicultural activities and contractors. Minimum of 45 hours per week required, vehicle provided, occasional out of town and overnight work may be required (expenses paid), participation in 401(k) plan (after 6 months of employment).
Minimum Requirements: Graduation from an accredited school with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Forestry; prefer 2-5 years’ experience; Registered Forester in at least one state or must obtain registration within three years; Good driving record.
Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
- All aspects of field work, office work and reporting.
- Management of logging contractors on client’s lands
- Timber sale layout and mapping.
- Pre harvest meetings to review landing locations, sale layout, Best Management Practices (BMP) compliance, roadwork, stream crossings, all regulatory compliances and contract compliances.
- Development of markets and specifications of products to be harvested.
- Knowledge of Local, State and Federal laws that pertain to timber harvesting.
- Knowledge of markets for all products that are harvested from clients’ lands, i.e. sawmills, pulp mills, pole mills , higher value markets.
- Good negotiating skills, to achieve above market pricing at these mill locations.
- Identify and mark streamside management zones (SMZs) in compliance with state BMPs.
- Identification of commercial tree species (winter and summer).Be able to forecast weekly logging production for our clients and mills which receive shipments from AFM client lands.
- Strong analytical ability; proficient use of Excel, Word and mapping software.
- Prepare reports, assist in budgeting, prepare timber harvesting and cut and haul contracts.
- Complete timber harvesting inspections and reports to enforce compliance with contract.
- Organize and audit timber sale settlements for reconciliation with logger load sheets.
- Security monitoring load sheets, load tags proper separation and all products harvested.
- Timber cruising and workup