Full-time position - Responsible for providing forest management services on property located in Georgia. Minimum of 45 hours per week required, vehicle provided, out-of-town and overnight work may be required (expenses paid).
Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
- All aspects of field work, office work, analysis, and reporting to landowner/client.
- Assists in managing all aspects of logging operations including harvest set up, harvest inspections and merchandising trees into various forest products.
- Assists in planning, negotiations, administration, and inspection of other forestry-related activities such as road construction and maintenance, timber marking, boundary establishment, and other land management projects as assigned.
- Assists in development and administering budgets.
- Monitors BMP and EMS Compliance to ensure 3rd Party SFI Certification.
- Uses Geographic Information System (GIS) to assist in managing TIMO lands.
- Participates in forest inventory projects individually or with a team.
- Generate new business (meet with potential clients, explain our business, etc.)
- Create management plans that capture landowner objectives and offer solutions to achieve those goals.
- Perform all aspects of timber sale development, including timber inventory, boundary establishment, preparing timber sale bid notices, marketing, and reviewing timber sale contracts.
- Prepare and negotiate contracts with independent contractors for clients’ management services.
- Supervise contracted services, including certifying completion of work for payment.