American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) is the largest forest consulting and real estate brokerage firm in the United States. AFM currently manages over 6 million acres of privately owned timberland and has sold over $2 billion in real estate transactions. With 273 employees operating from 49 offices located in 16 states, AFM’s team of professionals are focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services including land and wildlife management, land sale and acquisition services, forest inventory and design, growth and yield modeling, cash flow projections, environmental services, appraisal, forest resource data management and harvest scheduling. Our small regionally dispersed offices allow us to provide individualized services, and our large overall size allows us to coordinate teams of foresters and technical specialists for large, complex jobs.
Full-time position - Responsible for providing forest management services on property located in Georgia. Minimum of 45 hours per week required, vehicle provided, out-of-town and overnight work may be required (expenses paid).
Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
- All aspects of fieldwork, office work, analysis, and reporting to landowner/client.
- Assists in managing all aspects of logging operations including harvest set up, harvest inspections and merchandising trees into various forest products.
- Assists in planning, negotiations, administration, and inspection of other forestry-related activities such as road construction and maintenance, timber marking, boundary establishment, and other land management projects as assigned.
- Assists in development and administering budgets.
- Monitors BMP and EMS Compliance to ensure third party SFI Certification.
- Uses Geographic Information System (GIS) to assist in managing TIMO lands.
- Participates in forest inventory projects individually or with a team.
- Generate new business by meeting with potential clients to explain our business, etc.
- Create management plans that capture landowner objectives and offer solutions to achieve those goals.
- Perform all aspects of timber sale development, including timber inventory, boundary establishment, preparing timber sale bid notices, marketing, and reviewing timber sale contracts.
- Prepare and negotiate contracts with independent contractors for clients’ management services.
- Supervise contracted services, including certifying completion of work for payment.
- Highly proficient with MS Word, Excel, and GIS software.
- Ability to use GPS and hand-held data recorders.
- Has current Registered Forester’s license or ability to become a Registered Forester within 1 year.
- Required travel and ability to function as a team member on large projects throughout the U.S.