American Forest Management (AFM) is the largest
forest consulting and real estate brokerage firm in the United States.
AFM currently manages over 6 million acres of privately-owned
timberland and has sold over $2 billion in real estate through
AFM Real Estate (AFMRE). With 265 employees
operating from 49 offices located in 16 states, AFM’s team of
professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a
complete range of forestry services including land and wildlife
management, land sale and acquisition services, forest inventory and
design, growth and yield modeling, cash flow projections,
environmental services, appraisal, forest resource data management and
Experienced managing broker/salesperson who is passionate about the
land sales business and helping sales agents specializing in land meet
their potential. Area of responsibility will include north Alabama,
Tennessee, and north Mississippi. Responsible to act as an
intermediary between sellers and buyers of acreage properties.
Position will market/ locate land real estate on behalf of clients and
provide guidance to buyers/sellers to facilitate the purchase/selling
process. Also responsible to recruit and manage team of contract sales
agents within the assigned geography. Minimum of 45 hours per week
required, vehicle provided, out-of-town and overnight work may be
required (expenses paid).
Responsibilities and Job Requirements
As a Salesperson:
- Provide guidance and assist sellers/buyers in marketing/purchasing property.
- Determine clients’ needs and financials abilities in order to
propose solutions that suit them.
- Intermediate negotiation processes consult clients on market
conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements, and related
matters to their benefit and ensure a fair and honest dealing.
- Perform comparative market analysis/broker price opinion to
estimate properties anticipated selling price and establish listing prices.
- Position and market acreage property to possible buyers.
- Prepare & review for accuracy necessary paperwork (listing
agreements, contracts, leases, deeds, closing statements etc.)
- Maintain and update listings of available properties. Maintain in
a way that meets internal company requirements.
- Cooperate with appraisers, escrow companies, lenders, and other
external stakeholders to facilitate successful transactions.
- Develop networks and cooperate with external agents and brokers,
attorneys, mortgage lenders, and contractors .
- Promote sales through advertisements in multiple mediums.
- Remain knowledgeable about real estate market areas assigned,
possible land uses, highest and best uses of property, and have.
As a Managing Broker:
- Recruit, lead, and supervise a group of independent thinking-
competent land sale agents.
- Review of all transactions and deals.
- Review all marketing materials and be sure material is legally
compliant and content/message is consistent with AFMRE brand.
- Be responsible for record keeping in a manner that is legally
compliant with State regulations and internal company policies.
- Be responsible for maintenance of trust account and ongoing
recording keeping associated with trust account that is legally
compliant in the states of operation. Be responsible for deposits
and disbursements from trust account for all transactions by agents
under the managing broker’s supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a sales team. Working with agents to
set and meet sales and career goals.
- Coordinate agent training opportunities, mentor, and provide
ongoing general guidance and support.
- Implement, improve internal company systems to increase efficiency.
- Ability to prepare budgets, manage expenses, and maintain
profitability of the real estate service group.